roxio or nero?

iamalipaul 22:57 27 Jan 04

I have roxio CD creator that was bundled with my CDR. But when I burn mp3s, I produce more coasters than music discs. Apparently there is no support because it is a OEM version; so should I go for the latest roxio CD suite (more expensive) or nero 6. Which is easier to use? Appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.

iamalipaul 23:00 27 Jan 04

forgot to say I have win98SE and medi player 6.

hugh-265156 23:06 27 Jan 04

i have never used roxio but i did read somewhere that some early versions of easy cd are not very compatable with xp but there is a patch available im told.

i use nero 6 and its superb. why not download the free fully working 30day trial and see for yourself what its like click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:13 27 Jan 04

There really is no difference between the two. If you are burning coasters it is likely that there are too many programmes running or running short of memory; so download 'EndItAll', which will kill all unnecessary processes. This usually cures the coaster problem. The programmes will restart when you reboot. You could also bang in extra memory. click here
G

iamalipaul 23:13 27 Jan 04

thanks huggy. but i wont download nero, it will take a week on my 56k modem. ive seen it on ebay for £9 so i am tempted

hugh-265156 23:23 27 Jan 04

as GANDALF <|:-)> also rightly points out closing other programs running before burning may help as may changing the brand of cdr or lowering the burn speed.

sometimes changing the software helps though.i used to use recordnowDX and had all sorts of problems with it regardless of media or speed.changing to nero6 it now works every time.

do you get any errors displayed when you make a coaster?

smegs 23:29 27 Jan 04

Iamalipaul, I used Nero before I got a Roxio cd with my PC. I started to use Roxio, didn't like it, took longer to burn CD's, & I went back to Nero. Personal preference!! Good luck.

iamalipaul 23:38 27 Jan 04

yes huggy, roxio reports an error, sent it to ahead and got the negative reply; seems you dont get something for nothing.

i'll probably buy the nero

thanks

hugh-265156 00:28 28 Jan 04

iamalipaul

can you remember the error?

mole44 07:59 28 Jan 04

i use nero6 its got all you need to burn cd/dvd i can recomend it

iamalipaul 08:31 28 Jan 04

thanks for the advice guys

Im going to buy the nero

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…