Roxio Goback 3 v XP system restore

ayrjay 12:32 14 Jun 03

Can anyone define the pros/cons of using goback 3 in preference to XP system restore? I have goback bundled with Nortons Systemworks and because XP restore is unreliable on my machine, I'm thinking of ditching in favour of goback. Any help/advice/comments will be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation. ARJ.

Jester2K II 12:39 14 Jun 03

GoBack is much much much better. I can't think where to start....

All files are protected - SR only protects certain types like drivers etc

You can go back to virtually ANY time you want not just fixed Restore Points.

It operates from the boot menu should the worst happen!

I love it and wouldn't be without it.

Best feature is...

Add a note to the history as a marker.

Install a program

Don't like it? Crashes?? Doesn't work?? 2 easy steps to get back to the point before you installed it!!

However it completely rewinds the PC to that point! So if you installed program a and then program b then Goback to before you installed program a you loose both.

But it still allows you to recover EVERY single file that was "lost" when you rolled back. So if in between installing programs a and b you downloaded program c to your download folder but rolling back it would disappear (because you rolled back to before you downloaded it) but you easily recover the program c that you downloaded after you rolled back because GoBack keeps a copy of it! So you can recover it and not have to download it!!!

Its a real life saver.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:44 14 Jun 03

GoBack takes up more space than XP restore but I concur with all that Jester2K II has written. Dump XP restore and use Goback.

G

anchor 12:58 14 Jun 03

Yes, GoBack v3 every time. Note that version 3.1 was the first XP compatible one.

Don't forget the new update to v.3.21

click here

Magik ®© 17:27 14 Jun 03

just to add my bit, i disabled the XP restore, and put in GO-BACK, best thing i ever did...

ayrjay 11:39 15 Jun 03

Thanks to those who responded. I'm convinced!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…