Roxio Go Back

Andsome 13:53 26 Feb 03

I had problems on my previous computer, and the local shop found that files were in a total mess. He had seen similar problems on other machines with this program installed. I recall recently hearing good reports about the 2003 version. So I installed it two days ago. You would not believe the problems that I have had, including Norton saying that I had no smart discs. It has just taken over an hour to uninstall Go back, it was painfully slow. the result now is that everything is completely back to normal. As far as I am concerned NEVER AGAIN. You can all draw your own conclusions regarding this program.

MichelleC 15:38 26 Feb 03

There can be a conflict betwix Nortons and GoBack which is ironic as they can bundle together. usually it's between GB and Ghost, although System Works and GB can conflict too. GB is a good prog (about the only good thing from Roxio)but if u want it u may have to uninstall some of Nortons.

TBH1 16:14 26 Feb 03

GoBack works for me - - - would choose this over anything.

nick.p 20:51 26 Feb 03

IF I COULD ONLY KEEP ONE PROGRAM ON MY PC, IT WOULD BE GO BACK
IF YOU FOLLOWED MY WIFE ONTO THIS PC YOU WOULD U
NDERSTAND
NICK.P

nearlyfunny 21:19 26 Feb 03

GoBack has saved me one heck of a lot of hassle on more than one occasion.I also have Norton Systemworks/Internet Security/Antivirus 2002 installed - and so far no problems.

anchor 14:07 27 Feb 03

No problems here either. I have just Norton Antivirus 2002 and GoBack 3, and would not be without either.

flecc 16:46 27 Feb 03

I think that it's much more likely to be thwe Norton that's causing you problems.

However, you don't mention your operating system, and if it's either ME or XP, problems can arise during or after installation due to cycling, the System restore of those OS's trying to track what GoBack is doing, and GoBack in turn trying to track the System Restore!

That way lies madness!

If you have either ME or XP, turn off the System Restore and let GoBack do the job, it's better at it.

Finally, GoBack does use quite a lot of resources while working, so it's not as suitable for systems starved of resources for any reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…