Roxio Go back

Andsome 17:00 19 Nov 03

I have an incomplete installation of Go Back which does not show up in Add/Remove programs. I have removed the key in Reg edit/H Key local machine, and cannot see any more references to it in the registry. There is a folder in windows explorer which will not delete, access is denied. The program is still showing in Start/Programs. Is there any way of removing the rest of this corrupt program from my computer please? It will not reinstall, it just hangs when it gets so far.

I run XP Home

gold 47 18:57 19 Nov 03

Roxio go back will uninstall ok if you go through
add and remove and reboot then you do a search for Roxio then
delete any found files but the worst thing you can do is remove bits of it as it goes through your computer like a cancer i think you will have to format and reinstall your OS.

porci 19:06 19 Nov 03

Gold 47....isnt that a bit extreme. Look in your task manager under processes, kill the task, then delete the folder.

Andsome 08:44 20 Nov 03

Where do I find Task Manager please?

Andsome 09:51 20 Nov 03

Problem now solved. Having run 'Start/Search' and deleted everything found, taken everything out of the registry to do with Roxio or Go back,I tried Norton Wipe info. This cleared out the last protected file in Program files. I now cannot find anything to do with Roxio or Go back on the computer. After a check disc and boot time defrag in Diskeeper, the computer is running as fast as the day I bought it. Thanks to you two for your offers of help and advice, it was appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…