Roxio Easy DVD Copy v7 and initialise API Error

Audio~~Chip 22:53 09 Feb 11

Hello

Recently had some viruses on my Vista Laptop and when I came to use my Roxio Easy DVD Copy software it would not opend I just got the Roxio Splash screen with a box erro which said "unable to initialise API" the only option was to click on OK and then it shut the Roxio off.

I have tried repair option via add/remove option and also Uninstall.

Has anyone seen this problem before please, its driving me mad not being able to find the cure to fix it.

Thanks in advance for any help

john bunyan 23:05 09 Feb 11

My W7 PC's are partitioned 100 gig for OS, Programme files and balance of 500 gig in F:Partition. I have put all "My Documents" and e Mail Outlook etc on to the F Partition on the desktop that has only one user. My laptop has several users and I would like to store all data on the F: partition. Can I simply move (drag and drop) the users folder from C: to F: ? My Libraries point to data in the F partition.
I like to use Synch Toy to make daily echo /mirror copies of my data to an external drive - quicker than an image; and an ATI image of the C: drive after a scan for malware etc.

john bunyan 23:06 09 Feb 11

Sorry meant to post in a new thread FEv please delete.

Audio~~Chip 23:09 09 Feb 11

We all make mistakes.

Any Forum members know Roxio problems please ?

Audio~~Chip 23:10 09 Feb 11

it actually says "Failed to Initialise API"

Audio~~Chip 01:23 10 Feb 11

Do you happen to know if after running RoxioZap it removes the registry filters and causes problems with the DVDWtr Drive ?

Audio~~Chip 09:07 10 Feb 11

It worked !, I tried manually removing Roxio & Sonic engine from the registry but some entries were locked down the tool worked a treat ! Thanks so much it worked. Took me about 6 hours with no fix.
Wish they did a registry removal tool for AOL software

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5