Roxio Easy Creator 10

Larry Lamb 08:58 28 Nov 07

I have been trying to install Roxio Easy Creator 10 its gets to about 70% installed and comes up with the following error messages "installation interrupted reinstall". I have been on Roxio web site and followed their instructions to uninstall any previous versions, then download Windows uninstall software to clean the registry, then clear any Roxio and Sonic files left on the hard drive. I have searched the registry and deleted all Roxio and Sonic info' from the registry. I have also used "mscongig" to disable all startup programmes all I get now when installing the software at about the same position is "error code 0652". I have searched the web without any success. Can anyone help with a solution? :-(

Technotiger 09:24 28 Nov 07

Hi, bit of a long-shot but do you also have Nero on your PC? I believe that in the past Roxio and Nero did clash and cause problems, most of which were with the Roxio software. I am running both, but my Roxio is Version 7, which I am quite happy to stay with - I can and do use both Nero and Roxio.

Larry Lamb 09:36 28 Nov 07

Thanks for your quick response Technotiger, no I do not have Nero installed on my computer I wish now that I had stayed with the earlier version as I have spent hours trying to install version 10.

Larry

Technotiger 09:44 28 Nov 07

You could run CCleaner www,ccleaner.com before trying again - after running it don't forget to do a re-start of your PC .... and then see if any of these give a clue ...

click here

Technotiger 09:45 28 Nov 07

that was meant to be click here I put a comma instead of a full-stop :-)

Larry Lamb 09:58 28 Nov 07

Thanks for the info' I shall download CCleaner and try again.

Larry Lamb 19:21 28 Nov 07

I downloaded CCleaner installed and ran it and tried to install Roxio Easy Creator 10 again and success it installed OK, I was running out of ideas I have a register cleaner that I bought myself but it must have missed some registry entries as CCleanmer picked up quite a few. Windows Uninstaller cleaner also missed them so thats very much for putting me onto CCleaner.

Larry

Technotiger 19:27 28 Nov 07

Grrreat, thanks for the feedback.

Don't forget the Green tick - Resolved!!

johnygl 09:20 03 Dec 07

Hi can any one help iam doing a disco for a friend but iam not a dj (iam a singer so have pa )iam trying to close the gaps between songs, i believe you could do this on early roxio but i cant seem to find the tool on roxio 10 ??? can it be done and how

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…