Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 Platinum.

Gugs 17:29 28 Jan 04

Win98SE. Have just downloaded above prog., (it took a couple of hours + even on broadband.) but it won't install, advising that "I still have Easy Creator 4 on my PC - remove it and retry 6."
I removed 4 some while ago so that I could install 'Nero' and I can not now find any trace of it, even using Start, Find Files. Can anyone assist please? Regards.

Cuddles 18:12 28 Jan 04

You need to use regedit to remove the last traces of version 4. START>RUN>REGEDIT>FIND>type in Roxio press enter, entries will be highlighted,press delete,enter to confirm F3 to resume search,then type in easy creator 4 and delete in same way.

Gugs 20:55 28 Jan 04

Thanks but that only brought-up 'Roxio-GoBack' which,as you probably know, is a seperate programme and quote ThreadingModel "Apartment" unquote whatever that is. Cheers.

Jester2K 21:00 28 Jan 04

Do you have GoBack installed? I ask because Roxio have a progam that removes all Roxio products - sadly its no selective and just blasts away at any Roxio products...

Gugs 21:09 28 Jan 04

Yes I have GoBack installed but that need not bother me as I can reinstall (I hope). Do you know how I can aquire the Roxio 'Blaster'. Thanks

Jester2K 21:22 28 Jan 04

Found it - its called Roxizap.

USE IT YOUR OWN RISK

click here (40 kb)

Now someone said it only targets Easy CD and others say its all Roxio products. Because of GoBack being installed i'd be hesitant to use it...

I'd be happier following the Clean Uninstall instructions for EasyCD 4
click here first as it takes you through the files you need to find.

Gugs 00:29 29 Jan 04

Played safe and tried the clean uninstall first x without success. So went for the Roxizap which SAID that it worked only on Easy CD 4&5. Your warning was well founded - it cleaned up previous left-overs from 4&5 and enabled me to install new programme Platinum 6 OK but it removed GoBack and other progs. are now playing silly beggars.
Still I've got 6 on. Thanks all for all your help. Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…