ROXIO Easy CD Creator

Graphicool1 14:11 13 Feb 09

Hi I have ROXIO Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum installed on an older PC, in storage. I thought perhaps I could install it on my present WinXP SP3 PC.

When I attempt to install the software from the disk, my PC says it isn't compatible and doesn't want to load it. I've been on the ROXIO site and downloaded updated drivers for WinXP, however my PC won't install the drivers because it can't detect ROXIO Easy CD Creator!?

It's a chicken and egg problem.

crosstrainer 14:44 13 Feb 09

% will not work in xp at all. Uninstall it and you should be fine.

Version 7 or above work if memory serves me correctly.

If you want a good free burning tool for xp:

click here

Graphicool1 15:14 13 Feb 09

Thanks for the input crosstrainer - however, It isn't installed!

"When I attempt to install the software - ROXIO Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum - from the disk, my PC says it isn't compatible and doesn't want to load it."

As for the other burner you're mentioning thank you, but I do have other burners. I just like the interface this has and when all is said and done 'I bought this'

PO79 15:45 13 Feb 09

when all is said and done 'I bought this'

Yep you sure did. You also bought Windows XP, trouble is the two won't work together. Having said that I did manage to get v5 working in XP, there were engine\programe updates on the web, but that was prior to SP's1\2\3.

Maybe worth checking the Roxio website for updates if they still support v5.

Graphicool1 17:23 13 Feb 09

"I've been on the ROXIO site and downloaded updated drivers for WinXP, however my PC won't install the drivers because it can't detect ROXIO Easy CD Creator!?"

MCE2K5 17:32 13 Feb 09

Update Easy CD Creator 5.x.x Platinum to 5.3.5) click here

Graphicool1 17:42 13 Feb 09

"When I attempt to install the software from the disk, my PC says it isn't compatible and doesn't want to load it. I've been on the ROXIO site and downloaded updated drivers for WinXP, however my PC won't install the drivers because it can't detect ROXIO Easy CD Creator!?"

Do you guys only read the last entry?:¬)

MCE2K5 17:51 13 Feb 09

Roxio Customer Care Resource Portal click here(S(xshjdvqrpm0w4kju4t5z1p55))/login.aspx ;-))

Graphicool1 18:10 13 Feb 09

I've already been there and tried that. They show you a list of products and you have choose one. My one - naturally enough - isn't there! That's why I'm here. They don't give the choice of 'Other'

john bunyan 18:18 13 Feb 09

I found the Roxio forums more help than the technical help - you may have to register to log in here: click here

eedcam 18:51 13 Feb 09

Plenty of freeware that will do dvd and or cd and a lot better than roxio

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…