roxio dvd burner freezes after 10 minutes

thejeepster 12:30 20 Mar 06

hi,

this is from a previous subject. upgraded my processor to an amd athlon 3200xp -baron and also upgraded the ram to 1gig cp3200. my motherboard is a gigabyte ga-7vt600-1kt600. my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce MX440 with AGP8X. i was advised on this forum to install a new power supple so i did. it is now a psu 650w triple fan 24p and my cpu cooling fan is an artic cooling copper silent 2. it still freezes after 10 minutes(this is the whole computer). i read somewhere that because there are so many fans blowing air out, there's nothing blowing cool air in. could it STILL be over heating. can you please help as part of my job i need to be able to burn DVDs. i use roxio easy creator v6.

many thanks

ACOLYTE 12:39 20 Mar 06

Have you tried another burner app,to see if it does the same thing?i would also try to upgrade your g-card it seems a bit out of place with the rest of the pc and may be to slow to keep up,and is quite an old card now.As for the overheating usually you have a fan blowing air in and one taking air out,but i cant see the heat bieng that bad as you have nice cooling,if you think it could be this try taking the side cover off the pc when you use it and see if it makes a difference.

thejeepster 21:36 20 Mar 06

thanks

i'm going to try a different burner and yes, i thought it might be my graphics card. cheers

i'll let you know if it works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac