Roxio Creator v6 can't format cd discs

Newuser3477 19:50 11 Jan 05

It appears from the help menu that I have to use the drag and drop window to find the format function. When I try to format a used disc I am informed that the recorder is busy. When I try to scan the disc I am informed that a different application is using disc. I cannot find what application is either hogging the disc or the CD drive .Please what do I have to exit from the conflicting applicaion. Can anyone tell me how to format without drag and drop being active?
Thanks Peter

Technotiger 20:00 11 Jan 05

Hi, you should be able to go to Start>Programs>Roxio>Applications>DirectCD Format Utility.

and run the Utility.

€dstowe 13:47 12 Jan 05

What kind of discs are you using for this?

Formatting and "drag and drop" are intended for CDRW discs. CDR is write once

Newuser3477 09:29 14 Jan 05

Thanks for ideas.
I am trying to format -rw discs as suggested
When I go to start/programs there is only a Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator option. This splits into a series of applications such as Audio Central, Disc Copier,DVD Builder, Photo Suite,Creator Classic and Drag to Disc none of these has an applications option even when I open them. Perhaps Technotiger you are refering to an earlier version.
More help would be appreciated
Thanks

ventanas 11:58 14 Jan 05

All I do is click the menu button on the large Drag to Disc desktop item and choose format disc.

The advise from Technotiger does relate to an earlier version as you suspected.

If this is what you are doing and getting these messages something is obviously wrong. Do you have any other burning software installed?

ventanas 12:04 14 Jan 05

If you are using XP you can try disabling the built in Windows burning software, which is a cut down version of Roxio. Right click the drive and choose properties. On the Recording tab uncheck the box to enable CD recording.

However I can leave it checked on this machine without problem using Roxio 6.

Technotiger 12:44 14 Jan 05

Sorry - yes, I am still with Version 5.

Cheers.

absent 13:35 14 Jan 05

Do you have Nero InCD installed by any chance as this is not compatible with Roxio.

Newuser3477 18:34 14 Jan 05

I started by clicking on the large drag and drop icon without success but the message came up about the drive being busy already Yes I am using XP,by drive I assume you were refering to the CD drive (in my case "d"). By right clicking and properties I can find no reference to a box to uncheck "enable cd burning" even under advanced tab. Should I be looking somewhere else?
Thanks to all
PS I do not have Nero installed

KAI 15:09 15 Jan 05

I use Roxio creator 6 Platinum and had the very same problem, open My computer ( with no disc in the drive) right click on the cdrw drive icon, properties, and then on the list that appears, click on recording, if the box marked enable recording on this drive is ticked, untick it. and then reboot. The XP recording feature conflicts with the ECCD6 software.
I hope that this is of some help to you, if not try the Roxio users forum

Newuser3477 17:39 15 Jan 05

I found XP recording feature but this was unchecked anyway. I will tackle Roxio users forum
cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…