Roxio Creator 8 crashes

Icky 13:46 03 Nov 05

Hello I hope you can help.

Windows XP service pack 2.

I've just purchased Roxio Creator 8 suite.
When I start using the DVD or photo section Zone Alarm gives a warning message "Roxio Media Capture is trying to launch C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DWWIN.EXE, or use another program to gain access to privileged resources".
I click on allow then get a message from Creator 8 such as "VideoWave 7 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
I click on OK and the error window disappears.
If I click on details I get the message "VideoWave 7 Error signature videowave 8.exe. AppVer:
ModName:homeutils.8.dll MadVer Offset: 000c6a0".
I've tried several times and also disabled
Zone Alarm but the same thing happens.
I uninstalled the previous version of Roxio Creator and Nero, which I tried a while ago, before installing Creator 8. As far as I know I have no other of that sort program installed.

Thanks for any help.

SEASHANTY 15:40 03 Nov 05

Somebody had a problem with Creator 7 which seems to have been caused by not loading both of the two discs.

You could try asking Sonic on their Contact Us website :
click here

Could also register product at same time if you haven't done so already.

Icky 20:18 03 Nov 05

That's solved it.

I bought it on-line but I only downloaded the Creator 8 Suite and missed the Creator 8 content disc. I've done it now and all works correctly.

What a super forum this is.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…