Roxio CD Burner

jjb man 11:22 10 Feb 05

My roxio burner version 5.1 will hang the pc when trying to format cd-rw using direct-cd.Windows will not even run while the cd rw is in the drive.When I click on Roxio Easy CD I get a message saying it is not compatable with this version of Windows which is XP Pro.I know Nero had a similar problem which was caused by Service Pack 2.I cant get a download from Roxio as my version came with the PC and I have no key code.Any ideas please?

bretsky 13:55 10 Feb 05

Certainly sounds like a version issue, but at the same time could be your optical drive or the media you are using. How old is it?

I know this seems a bit drastic click here

But Roxio basic software is not up to much and is fraught with issues, you should be able to get a patch on the Roxio website, support, although you might need to register with them to get the download.

bretsky ;0)

GaT7 01:05 13 Feb 05

Try updating your version to 5.3.5 which should work in WinXP (you do not need your key code - just install over the copy of ECDC you already have & REBOOT your PC).

"Updates Easy CD Creator 5.xx Basic and Starter Kit to version 5.3.5...Easy CD Creator 5.3.5 adds drive support and several fixes...as well as adding Windows XP support" - click here to download.

"This update will install Windows XP specific drivers and make the necessary registry entries to allow Easy CD Creator to operate correctly in Windows XP" - taken from click here. Good luck, G

THE TERMINATOR 01:21 13 Feb 05

You need to upgrade your version of Easy CD Creator. It is nothing to do with SP2. My copy stopped working as soon as I installed XP two years ago, due to the fact that XP supports CD burning. I have used Nero burning versions 4,5, and 6 with XP and have never had problems. I suggest you get this. It is better than Easy CD anyway, and supports over-burn, which Easy CD does(or did)not....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…