Router/swittch loses a PC occassionally.

bemuzed 19:21 18 Feb 05

I have a SafCom modem/router with 4 x 10/100 ports for 4 PCs. It usually works fine but occassionally it loses one of the PCs i.e. on the front panel there are lights to show ADSL is up and for each 10/100 port is a PC is connected. Sometimes the ligth for one of the PCs goes out and it cannot connect to the internet nor to the other PC off the other 10/100 port. The only way i find of curing this is to switch the oruter/modem off for an hout of two then on switching it back it discovers the PC and all is fine. Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Jeffers22 19:24 18 Feb 05

If it takes an hour or two, then I would suggest there may be something wrong with the router and it is worth contacting the support people.

phono 19:38 18 Feb 05

It might also be worth checking the manufacturers website to see if they have a FAQ section which deals with this problem, or to see if a firmware upgrade is available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…