Routers Question

scooby43 09:42 27 Jun 04

Hi everyone I just wanted to ask about routers what do people normally do leave them on or turn them off. Do they use much electricty being on my Netgear adaptor says input 230VAC and output 15VAC how much is that.

Forum Editor 10:15 27 Jun 04

than the lightbulb inside your fridge, and will cost next to nothing to run. It's designed to be left on for very long periods, and as long as there is nothing (like a book or magazine) placed on top it will be fine. It needs air circulation to keep cool.

Having said that, I never leave my router on all night - it's unnecessary and means that you are sitting there on a fixed IP address, which is never a good thing for a home computer. Turn it on in the morning and off again when you go to bed.

Psiman 10:16 27 Jun 04

I leave mine on 24/7 and re-boot it every 2 months or so. Mine's a D-Link with similar power consumption to your netgear. It uses 12V at 1A i.e. 12 Watts the equivalent of a small nightlight.

scooby43 11:19 27 Jun 04

hm so maybe FE i right to not leave it on then all the time

SEASHANTY 15:57 27 Jun 04

Even only using 12 watts (per hour) is a waste of energy for something that you are not using. Have you never heard of the governments energy saving unit which states "Turn off unnecessary lights!"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…