router(s) advice

heshan 09:11 31 Mar 09

i'm asking this as i'm not sure how to search for the subject on google.
firstly, let me say that my home network is working great and this is regards possible optimisations.

i have a netgear dg834 v2 modem router configured to talktalk. on the LAN side, the dg834 offers a limited DHCP. One of the LAN connections goes to a netgear wpn824v2.

the WPN824 is on the same LAN/Subnet settings and i use its wireless capabilities. the dg834 wireless appears to be unreliable and i feel its a fault of the unit. anyway, the wpn824 wireless is MIMO.

i have homeplug network adapters allowing connections through the house.

connected directly (wired) to the dg834: mediacenter PC, PS3, WPN824, homelink plug adapter #1
connected to the wpn824: wireless - PC laptop, macbook pro, wii
connected to homelink adapter #2: server PC, gaming PC and NAS dongle (via a belkin switching HUB)
homelink adapter #3: officejet6400 network printer

my question: would it be more efficient to connect the wired connections to one router (wpn824) and allow it to handle the wireless and wired connections OR spread the wired connections as equally as possible, between the wpn824 and the dg834.

currently i get 1.28mb/sec file transfer speeds (mp3's for example) across the homelink adapters (e.g. gaming PC to mediacenter pc)

i dont bother using the wireless laptops for file transfers.
i can use the wii well for internet gaming (mario kart). when file transfers are being carried out, the internet on the other machines doesn't suffer any dropout. I am asking if there would be any benefit in assigning the wired connections to one router and wireless solely to the other router.

Or is it just a case of giving it a go. as i said at the start, all is connected and working well at the moment.

Thanks in advance

heshan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…