routers

fitcher 19:47 23 May 04

I am using freeserve broadband .I would like to connect my wifes computer to mine ,by using a wireless router ...and do away with the provided frog .// what router, and a single wireless usb pick up adaptor would you recommend ,cheers

AndySD 19:53 23 May 04

Depends on how the modem connects to your pc... usb or to a network connection.

I have BT Broadband and use a BT Voyager 2000 wireless router. My laptop connects to the router and hense to the internet via a BT Voyager 1020 Laptop Adapter. The adapter slides into the card slot on the side of my laptop. I will be getting a BT Voyager 1010 USB for my desktop computer soon, as I want my desktop computer and laptop to be able to share my single broadband connection wirelessly at the same time. I believe that up to ten computers can be connected to the Voyager 2000 router. Your freeserve broadband may be able to use the same set up, make certain before buying.

fitcher 11:34 24 May 04

thank you rod, I think I will do as you say .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…