ROUTER/FIREWALL PC ANYWHERE

revingtosh 22:28 06 May 04

Hello,

I currently run the Windows XP Pro on an NTL 600k Line behind an ASANTE ROUTER/FIREWALL.

My question is this...

I would like to be able to connect into my machine at home from work using PC Anywhere. Is this possible even though im using a firewall.

Would anyone know what alterations to my configuration i would need?

Many thanks.

Mike

LastChip 23:02 06 May 04

I think you would have to create a VPN (Virtual Private Network). click here for more information.

Effectively, your home computer must become a server, that you can connect to at will. Because that connection is over the internet, it needs to be secure, and that's where the VPN comes in. It's an encrypted tunnel that your data uses so that no one else can access it. Almost like having your own private tube train! Whether you can use PC Anywhere for that, I don't know, and the other aspect you must investigate, is whether your Firewall/Router is capable of that type of configuration.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…