Router for wired home networking

  Kuching 21:44 19 May 04

I need a router to link the broadband cable from my NTL set-top box with my two PCs and printer. I'd like to be able to make use of the 15 meter RJ45 Cat5e UTP crossover cable which is currently connected to my second PC in another room. There are so many routers on the market that I am confused as to which is the correct one to get. Someone suggested the D-Link DI-704P. Any comments on the suitability of this or any other suggestions will be very welcome indeed.

  Strawballs 21:49 19 May 04

I don't know to much about any particular model but I do know that if you want to use the printer from either machine without the other being switched on then you will need one with a print server built in or buy a seperate print server.

  Life's-Good 21:55 19 May 04

a crossover cable wont be needed for a router network. You'd need straight through cables connected to both machines and then to the router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…