Router / Telephone problems

rawprawn 14:00 26 Mar 07

Some of you may remember me having problems about 3 weeks ago, well after spending about £250, I am still no better off. Whenever I plug my router in my phones crackle
A) I have had BT in, and checked the line OK, cost £168
B) I have bought a new Router Cost £60, no difference.
C) I have rewired the connection to the Router from the main bedroom, cost £12
D) I have fitted a new wire from the Router to he filter
D)I have changed all the filters
The phones are all OK until I plug the Router in, then they crackle like mad.
Can anyone offer any suggestions!!!!

Technotiger 14:05 26 Mar 07

Hi, after all that, I would think the only thing left to check is in the most important thing - i.e. your PC System/setup. Like all the usual things that can and do go wrong with PC's.

Technotiger 14:07 26 Mar 07

Thinking further, it sounds like some sort of Short, possibly within the PC/connections?

rawprawn 14:19 26 Mar 07

Thanks for the response, I don't think it is a loose connection in the PC. If I turn both the desktop and the laptop off but leave the Router plugged in it still crackles.

Technotiger 14:23 26 Mar 07

Hmm, quite a puzzle, especially as you have had bt check etc - how long has this been happening, has anything else nearby changed, is there anything else electrical in the vicinity which might be causing it. Has anything else nearby developed an electrical fault of some sort - clutching at straws I'm afraid, in view of all that you have already done.

Technotiger 14:25 26 Mar 07

Another thought - where exactly is the router situated; should not be on top of pc or close to anything metal or electric! Also the higher up the router is, I mean physically, the better.

shellship 14:33 26 Mar 07

Good suggestion of Technotiger but have you tried unplugging the computers instead of merely turning them off? May make a difference.

rawprawn 14:38 26 Mar 07

I THINK, only think mind you that I may have solved it. I googled and found that you should not have 2 filters on one line. I have a filter in the main bedroom for the phone in there, and another filter on the end of the extention to the bedroom where my computer is.I have taken the filter and phone out of the main bedroom and removed that filter (I can use a cordless in there)and I do believe that it has stopped the problem. Thanks again for the imput, I will leave this a couple of days and see what happens.

Technotiger 14:54 26 Mar 07

Right, had you mentioned your filter setup I would probably have come to that same conclusion. Anyway, hope it all works ok from now on. Cheers.

rawprawn 15:36 26 Mar 07

Yeah, I didn't mention it because I thought it was supposed to be like that, still OK so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Cheers.

rawprawn 17:58 26 Mar 07

I am as close to swearing as this forum will allow, despite the elation of feeling that the problem was solved, I am back to square one.In desperation I have moved all phones far away from the router but I am still getting interference on them.I have two sets of cordless phones A) Panasonic and, B) BT. I am getting really desperate as I do not know how to solve the problem, or who I could get to solve it. BT will only look as far as the first socket (At great Expense) If anyone has any further ideas please post

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…