Router talktalk hard drive storage

ste28 13:02 PM 05 Jun 12

Hi

Please can anyone tell me what is the best router to get for talktalk network I also want to set the router up with and external hard drive so I can back up files

spuds 13:37 PM 05 Jun 12

TalkTalk supply a number of router's for their service, which they might admit that they are not the best, but more than adequate. I have used a variety including Thomson (better chipset?) and at present a Huawei EchoLife HG520b router, supplied by TalkTalk.

Because TalkTalk use a LLU system, there are router's out there with better chipset that are perhaps 'better' for LLU. I use to have a data list, covering this subject, but at present I am unable to find it. You might find something here though http://www.kitz.co.uk. But be prepared for a heavy read or trawl!.

It might also pay to check TalkTalk's own forum, to see if there are any specific recommendations being posted there.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED