router problem ?

dazzling 18:33 01 Dec 07

strange one this i have two pcs on a wirless router setup. the main pc is wired to the router the second connects wirlessly through a dongle. of late ive been having problems connecting to the internet through the wired connection i keep having to restart the router to get connected, but no problems with the wireless connection. yesterday it stopped working altogether on the wired connection saying limited or no connectivity and could not repair connection. i thought it might be cable so changed it no joy, tried a new network card no joy cant even connect to router page.is it possible the hub of router is broke and wireless not.its the wireless im using now any ideas thanks darren

Technotiger 19:27 01 Dec 07

You could try two things - first reset router by disconnect Power to router, wait ten seconds then re-connect Power to router.

Or - I have know a System Restore fix this on more than one occasion, restore back to a date when all was working ok.

dazzling 00:35 02 Dec 07

router has been disconnected a million times it does not make any difference even rebooting pc aswell before reconnecting.have also tried system restore and partition restore with acronis without any sucess. darren

2neat 05:57 02 Dec 07

looks like you will have to try a swapout with the router :-(

dazzling 22:49 05 Dec 07

new router it was. darren

Technotiger 23:02 05 Dec 07

OK - thanks for the feedback anyway. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced