Router Problem

alanstan 14:10 18 Oct 05

Can someone please help me? I am a novice and I had to get a friend to install my Linksys wireless-G router to my desktop and the usb to my laptop,
It has been working fine for 6 months but know it comes up on the internet as " page cannot be displayed" on both my desktop and laptop, the laptop shows v good reception so it is still sending the signal ok,
The only thing i have recently installed is a new version of Noron anti-virus and I have tried disabling this before going online and I un-installed the old Norton antivirus before installing the new one

Taff36 14:20 18 Oct 05

First things first - Switch off your laptop. Unplug the router from the mains and let it stand for five minutes. Then plug it back in. Wait for five minutes and then boot up your laptop. It should connect agin.

If this doesn`t work let us know the make and model number of the router, your Laptop details and the operating system you are using.

alanstan 14:36 18 Oct 05

Hi Taff,
I have tried this but no joy, to come online I am having to disconect my router and go direct from my ext-modem to my desktop,I have a Linksys Wireless G 2.4 GHz router and a D-Link Airplus G+ in my laptop

Taff36 15:02 18 Oct 05

Look on the router for the actual model number (The G 2.4 Ghz applies to a lot of models) - The Dlink USB adapter I know very well. Is the "D" in the taskbar tray bottom right showing red or green. Can you double click it to open the D-Link User Interface (UI)?

alanstan 16:12 18 Oct 05

Hi Taff,
Thanks for the help, the model num is WRT54G

Taff36 21:30 18 Oct 05

And the answers to my other questions ..... Just checking out the router details.

woodchip 21:36 18 Oct 05

Turn the Router and computers off, leave for five mins then turn router on leave until all lights are steady then turn on computer

Taff36 08:04 19 Oct 05

I`m out for the day click here for the router info with links to the manual and firmware etc. I think the most likely USB adapter is this one click here.

alanstan - check these two links and confirm that we have the right products.

If the "D" in the taskbar tray is red start with the D-Link User Interface - Double click it to open it and try to establish a wireless connection to the router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…