Router to PC problem

nilefish 20:44 15 Nov 08

I installed my wired router and every thing worked fine for 3 days ,this morning I found LAN cable blinking and it's says network cable unpluged I done the following to sort the problem:
1- check the cable connection and changed it with a new cable
2-Reinstall the Router software and drivers
3- Restore the PC to the day before
When I install my modem every thing work
What shoild I do?

mgmcc 23:01 15 Nov 08

Try performing a "hard reset" of the Router back to factory default settings and then set it up again from scratch. The manual should give instructions for doing this but it normally involves holding in a button at the back of the router for a period of something like 10 seconds.

If that doesn't sort it, and you have the problem with *ALL* of the router's LAN ports, you may have a hardware problem with the Network Adapter in the PC. Check first in Device Manager.

nilefish 07:14 16 Nov 08

Thanks mgmcc, I tried the Router resetting and that dosen't work the manual says (Ensure that your PC and the FBR-1416 are on the same network seg-ment. (If you don't have a router, this must be the case) I don't know how to check this

Thanks

mgmcc 11:44 16 Nov 08

Sorry, having looked up "network segments", it's something that's way over my head and, I would suggest, beyond the scope of normal home networking.

nilefish 08:21 18 Nov 08

Ok I tried my Router with othe PC and it works so I purchased a new network adaptor , but don't know how to install it ,is it like a RAM just replace the old one?

Thanks

mgmcc 08:41 18 Nov 08

Plug in the network adapter (presumably a PCI card?) reboot and Windows should "find new hardware" and install it. Windows XP or Vista should be able to install a network adapter with its own built-in drivers and not require third-party drivers from the card manufacturer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced