Router password query

nilescrane 22:20 18 Feb 07

Hi- I've just connected up a Linksys router. I've changed the password in the settings, but to access the settings I simply leave user name blank and type 'admin' for the password. How do I change this, and why isn't my new password active? Thanks.

Ashrich 22:25 18 Feb 07

Maybe you didn't save your settings , access the router set up again and re-enter the password , actually it may give you the option to set a user name and password , and click on save settings ( the router may need a reboot ) and see if it takes this time .

Ashley

nilescrane 22:55 18 Feb 07

Is the 'router password' in the settings, the same as the one used to get into the settings after typing the IP no? The router password appears to be the one I chose. Otherwise there was no option to set a user name and password.

Ashrich 23:16 18 Feb 07

Just been looking through the pdf of a typical Linksys router , are you entering the password twice in the administration section , once for the password and again to confirm then clicking on " save settings " I see there is no user name entry , sorry about that , I don't have a Linksys router .

Ashley

nilescrane 23:26 18 Feb 07

Thanks for your response Ashley. Yes, I have entered the password twice, and it's retained the info, but when I log in it's still 'admin'.

Ashrich 23:44 18 Feb 07

I suppose as long as you have changed the SSID from the default , so no one knows it's a Linksys , it won't hurt , but it does seem odd that they provide a facility to change it and then it doesn't work ....

Ashley

nilescrane 23:44 18 Feb 07

Finally got it to work. New password. Feel a bit safer!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…