Is this router ok for an AOL BT connection pls??

julius44 19:22 14 Jun 10

Hello there, my friend has a problem with their current AOL speedtouch router, so i wish to pick up a router from Argos 2morrow, the router is here

click here

But when i check the reviews, it mentions that some of the customers using it are virgin media cable customers. I'm after an ADSL router, as my friends ISP is AOL, and i dont wanna buy the wrong wireless router. My budget is £35. if this router is not correct pls point me in the direction of currys or pc world where i can pick up 1 tomorrow for my friend pls. IT MUST BE AN ADSL ROUTER PLEASE, AS ITS AOL VIA A BT LINE!!!!!!

hastelloy 20:23 14 Jun 10

This is a cable router so not what you want. I can't advise on specific routers but suggest that, if you have a Maplins locally, they are well worth a call and will guide you.

Strawballs 22:57 14 Jun 10

Any Modem/router will do I lean towards Linsys but others will say different.

click here|category_root|Office%2C+PCs+and+phones|14418968/c_2/2|14418968|Wireless+networking|14419015/c_3/3|cat_14419015|Modem+routers|14419018.htm From Argos any one of these will do

julius44 23:58 14 Jun 10

sorry strawballs, the link u sent is blank. pls resend, many thanks

Strawballs 01:16 15 Jun 10

Sorry their site is closed at the moment but it is Argos modem/routers in their search

stlucia 07:59 15 Jun 10

Though any router will do, if your friend wants to be sure of AOL tech support, get one of the routers they list on their site. I recently got myself a Netgear DG834G router to use with AOL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…