Router (Netgear) access problems.

daisy2bell 09:00 AM 26 Dec 11

Hi Win 7 Home premium 64 bit sp1 Netgear DG834GT firmware V1.03.23 ( it's the latest)

The problem, when I go to "Wireless Station Access List" to try and delete an entry in order to add a new device, on clicking on delete I get the following message:

"No data received Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data. Here are some suggestions: Reload this webpage later. Error 324 (net::ERREMPTYRESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data."

I do have a connection to the internet.

This happens both on wired and wifi connections, and on safari (latest version) and IE9

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

WhiteTruckMan 10:07 AM 26 Dec 11

Try disabling the wired network adapter (by turning it off in device manager), turning off the wifi (preferably by unticking any radio button etc you might have in its software), restarting, turning back on one of your network connections then trying again. You might want to also try repeating but turning off your anti virus/firewall (but dont forget to turn it back on again!)

WTM

rdave13 10:33 AM 26 Dec 11

It look like a bug in the latest firmware. Have a read here, especially the last post.

daisy2bell 09:42 AM 27 Dec 11

Thanks WTM

Unfortunately that doesn't work

Thanks rdave13

You could be correct there.

I will have to try a previous firmware and see if that works.

As a temporary fix, I have put my old netgear router on, and deleted / added the required items.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone