Router losing sync.

amonra 16:06 25 Mar 11

I have been asked to help a friend who has just had BT broadband installed. He is on a VERY long line so does not expect a very high speed but apparently it works OK except when he answers an incoming telephone call, whereupon the router loses its sync with the exchange and takes ages to re-establish a lock again. As long as he does not answer the i/c call, it's OK.
I'm going to visit this weekend and would like to go prepared, so any suggestions please ?
He has got a laptop with Win 7 and he uses it with a wireless link to the router. I strongly suspect wiring or filter problems but any contributions gratefully received. It's rather a long way to go and find I've left the **** at home !

Woolwell 16:14 25 Mar 11

Has he got a filter fitted? If he has it may be faulty.

wiz-king 16:29 25 Mar 11

Filter(s) or router not off the master socket, also check for DECT phones and change the channel if causing problems.

woodchip 16:59 25 Mar 11

if he as call waiting, he needs to remove or disable it

Batch 17:04 25 Mar 11

You could consider a BT i-Plate (seee click here), but read all the details and make sure it is appropriate first.

If it is not appropriate due to not having the correct type of master socket or you just can't be bothered with the i-Plate, you could look at: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…