Router Login problem

Blubottle 19:26 10 Feb 11

I have a Netgear DG834G ver 4 router, my problem is when I click on the desktop login icon it takes me to the netgear support page, I want to get into the router set up,, help please.

Strawballs 19:32 10 Feb 11

Type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of your browser

Strawballs 19:35 10 Feb 11

If that does not work try 192.168.0.1

Blubottle 10:14 11 Feb 11

Thanks for your reply, but it makes no difference.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:25 11 Feb 11

Launch your Internet browser over on your computer.
Type the address: " click here" into the internet browser's address bar and then hit the "Enter" key.

Choose the first option on the menu that pops up to let the DG834G's internal software auto-configure itself.
Choose the second option for a more customizable setup.

Blubottle 16:22 11 Feb 11

Thanks that worked, by clicking on your "click hear"
link I was taken directly to smart wizard, router status. you then say click on the first option can you explain as there is no menu that pops up.
regards

woodchip 16:43 11 Feb 11

You should have a Login Screen, may say admin in lower case letters, type admin and press enter. then look under wireless settings for SSID and Encryption Password user etc write them down you need them to load into your Laptop settings to connect

Blubottle 17:05 11 Feb 11

woodchip.
yes I now have the log in screen which allows me access to the router smart wizard and router settings ect. my original problem was my desk top icon "Router Login" has stopped working.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:52 11 Feb 11

Bookmark (save in Favourites) the page then right click the bookmark and past to the desktop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…