router login

rambus 19:01 09 Apr 07

hi, am running three pc,s and two laptop,s at home(not all mine) via a wireless router. router was set up via pc connected via ethernet to router.
my question is, to manage/maintain router i log in via ethernet pc, but what do i do if pc die,s gets corrupted ect, can i log in on any computer ?
i know i only have the routers home page on main pc. any imput welcome, thanks, rambus

rodriguez 19:40 09 Apr 07

You should be able to log in to the router on any computer. You just type in 192.168.1.1 (or whatever the IP of your router is, just check the manual) into the address bar in your web browser and the router's config page will come up in the same way as it does on your PC.

PP321 19:40 09 Apr 07

you can login from ANY pc connected to the network.

If your connecting wirelessly then you must have the correct wep key.

PP321 19:41 09 Apr 07

whoops rodriguez beat me to it :)

Strawballs 19:45 09 Apr 07

once the wireless is setup you should be ble to access the web based setup wirelessly, it is only at first you can't.

I just tried it with mine wirelessly and accessed it no problem.

rambus 20:40 09 Apr 07

thanks to you all for your prompt replys and sound advice, have just logged onto router via laptop and all works well, will sleep well tonight...thanks again, will now tick this as resolved, cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…