Router Log on

woodchip 21:54 28 Apr 05

Is it possible To log on to connection, Without Going into Router setup. On Win 98se there is no Icons etc. No Software or Drivers to load.

Is it possible to create a Icon to click on. On Laptop, It as wireless card so software was loaded for this and it creates System tray Icons and software that tells me transfer speed etc.

woodchip 22:29 28 Apr 05

Is this one too hard

Chegs ® 22:54 28 Apr 05

With my router/modem,if its switched on,then its "connected" All I have to do is click my browsers shortcut on the desktop and I'm online.To create an icon in the systray,go to Network Connections and I think its in Properties,you should find a box to tick that puts an icon in systray when connected.(or similar wording)

woodchip 23:14 28 Apr 05

Yes that's what my router does, it does not show the little TV's or anything but if I switch it of then I have to go to setup to connect. there must be a easy way. Why don't it just connect when I switch Modem on

phono 23:40 28 Apr 05

I assume you have a broadband connection, if so, why do you turn the router off?

I have a Netgear router providing Internet access to three computers and it is never turned off, it has been running now without fault for almost 2 years.

woodchip 23:44 28 Apr 05

Well I am one for turning things of like computer. But then again I do not remove the plugs. Will just have to turn of and remove for Holidays and Lightening. Yes two desktops and a wireless Laptop connected

phono 23:46 28 Apr 05

I turn the computers off but not the router, what exactly is your problem? Logging on, no connection etc?

woodchip 00:00 29 Apr 05

Yes If I turn the router of there is no connection when I turn it on next time. So it looks like I shall just have to get used to leaving it connected

phono 00:10 29 Apr 05

If your router is set up correctly you shouldn't have a problem, even if you do turn the router off.

It should still automically reconnect when you turn it on again, providing you have correctly saved all the configuration details that is.

What make, model, is your router? Please get back to me, I am very keen to try and help you sort this matter out.

woodchip 00:16 29 Apr 05

3Com Wireless Firewall Router Modem Not going up stairs to look as about time for bed. Saved all settings

woodchip 00:18 29 Apr 05

This one click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…