router lights now blinking, connections very slow

salaam 22:52 14 Apr 07

I have a Guru/Safecom ADSL router, and jsut recently the LEDs have started blinking and it takes ages to connect and get to each page on a website.

thier guide says that it means that the "kernel or flash file system is corrupted". they say I need t use the PC tool that was provided by with SOHO Speed ADSL Gateway. I am afriad all this is unintelligible jargon for me, so I tired to call the numbers on the box, and all do not work ("not in service at the moment").

can anyone help me to repair this problem? in plain English instructions (I am a health care professional, who uses/relies heavily on the computer for information gathering, but no IT expert as you can tell).

ArrGee 16:53 16 Apr 07

I do not have the same steup as you, but have you tried to reset the router?

Also, when did the problem occur? Did it occur after you loaded in a new application? If so, you could try going back to a restore point prior to any new application being loaded up. To do this, you need to go to Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore, then select a date for when the router had been functioning correctly.

Superstylin 10:13 19 Apr 07

have all of the leds started blinking or is it just certain ones?

AndySD 13:14 19 Apr 07

Can you tell us the router moedel number

irishrapter 16:58 19 Apr 07

Are you connected via wireless?

Is the wireless turned on?

If the wireless is turned on then disconnect all cables a part from the power and phone line.
Are any lights flashing now?
If there are still lights flashing, disconnect the phone line.
Are there still lights flashing when the phone line is disconnected?

salaam 20:35 21 Apr 07

thank you for all the responses, feel I have some hope of finding the answer.....

The problem started for no apparent reason, no new programs or applications.
It is the ADSL, WLAN and LAN lights that blink (i.e. not the power light so far)
The product code is GWART2-54125.
I do not use a wireless connection, (very wary of doing so unless I have to since seeing recent items in the news).
any clues there?

thank you in anticipation...

irishrapter 23:18 21 Apr 07

Try disconnecting all cables a part from the power cable.
If the lights are still flashing then it does seem to be the router that is faulty.

You could try and reset the router back to factory default settings, make sure you make note of any settings you have before you do this.

Also, you could try and upgrade the firmware if possible.

irishrapter 23:26 21 Apr 07

Just been on their website.

If you go to click here#

You can get the latest firmware and PC tool that you said maybe needed.

There is a good guide to upgrade the firmware if need click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now