Router LAN connection loss

Patr100 20:14 05 Feb 05

Every so often - say once a week or so - my LAN connection keeps dropping.I have Broadband via a router. I would very occasionally just get "page not found" etc and then if rebooting the LAN is disconnected or "has limited connectivity " warning - Cannot be repaired. Trying to ping gives a timeout.

What I did before and just now when it happened was unplug one end of the RJ45 cable -either from the PC or the back of the router. I just get a message that it is unplugged and then after about 10 minutes it comes on seemingly of it's own accord.
Any thoughts about the cause or cure of this intermittent fault? The router and cable is fairly new since October though the prob has been more recent.

JonnyTub 20:33 05 Feb 05

router make and model ?

Patr100 20:42 05 Feb 05

Billion BIPAC 5100S

JonnyTub 20:48 05 Feb 05

try updating the firmware from click here 3rd from the bottom, unless you've made any changes recently?

JonnyTub 20:49 05 Feb 05

also follow some advice offered here click here

Patr100 21:07 05 Feb 05

Thnaks for the links. I will keep the upgrade and may try it later. I have checked the present firmware version and it is about a month or so before the latest.Wil look at the other suggestions as well.

JonnyTub 21:13 05 Feb 05

try this command also, it's slightly irrelevant but may work and can't do any harm,

click on start, run, type "cmd"

from the command prompt type "ipconfig /flushdns"

hit enter

Patr100 00:56 15 Mar 05

It's playing up worse again. Don't think I have changed any settngs. Keep getting "Cannot find server or DNS Error"

Can't update the firmware - have downloaded and unzipped the file but each time I access Router config etc and try to after along pause I just get Page cannot be found.

Tried flushing DNS.

Have to keep refreshing pages to get then to eventually load on most sites.

ANy other ideas, folks?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…