Router keeps disconnecting

henza_mapenza 17:59 27 Jan 05

After buying a D-Link DI-604 router to share my broadband connection and after a few days of use, it keeps disconnecting every 10-15 minutes. It is a 4 port ethernet router and i have followed the instructions for its installation and configuration. I have configured it to share the internet connection of 2 computers and a laptop but so far it always disconnects. DOes anyone have any idea how to solve this? wht i am doing now is everytime i am disconnnected i have to restart my router and modem and i dont want to do that. please help.

Sweet Paramania 18:39 27 Jan 05

Have the same problem with a Belkin wireless router, but our phoneline has also been dodgy (which b.band feeds from) and we had dodgy cabling.

One way to save your legs if router is not next to pc may be to direct IE to the IP address of the router and reboot from there.

Otherwise check your wires for damage especially if they trail across doorways. Phone your ISP and/or phone company and get them to check. Ask about call out costs if they have to visit.

henza_mapenza 22:34 28 Jan 05

it worked fine for a bit but still disconnects mysteriously

1514 23:11 28 Jan 05

click here

I am just trying to find out about BB connections and wot not. I wondered if this first paragraph under "Your Equipment Requirements"
might help you!

henza_mapenza 10:32 04 Feb 05

The engineer installed everything fine. But i bought a seperate router with no modem in it and connected it to the modem with 2 computers. The disconnects now happen randomly somethings within minutes and sometimes within hours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…