Router - Internet connection BR41

lyonnesse 22:36 10 Aug 03

I have been given a BR41 Router which I have successfully installed giving 3 PC's access to Blueyonder Broadband. I notice that in the configuration I can supply a username and password for my ISP. If I do this would it mean that the router would connect to the internet without having to set up the account details individually on each PC?

I lose access to the internet and on a daily basis have to reboot both the cable modem and router to restore it. Does anyone know if there is any setting I can set on the router to preserve the connection for more than 1 day?

hillybilly 23:54 10 Aug 03

Have a look here click here for a start.

fitshase 23:59 10 Aug 03

Are you switching the cable modem off on a daily basis?

I have a netgear wireless router and if I switch the cable modem off, the settings are lost and I have to reboot the modem and the router in order to get it working again.

Solution: leave the modem switched on at all times.

Regards

Fitshase

lyonnesse 00:13 11 Aug 03

I'd like to leave the modem on at all times and I do but when I try to access any URL the next day I just get the default "page not available" message on my browser. Normal service resumes once the modem and router have been restarted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…