Router Internet connection.

Dugone 09:14 19 Oct 07

Hi peeps,

I seem to be having a problem getting my router to pick up my internet connection. Phoned my ISP who confirmed that the connection was OK. They thought that my router might have died. So I went out a bought a new one. All the settings on the router are configured to the required settings but I get nothing. The DSL light flashed (Indicating it is searching for a connection) but then goes off. The rest of the router is working fine by this I mean I can see my other PC and access the files fine. Any help will be very much appreciated. Cheers.

john bunyan 11:04 19 Oct 07

In the manual there should be a numeric web site address to set up your router on the net. Then instructions should appear.

Dugone 11:13 19 Oct 07

Hi,

Everything has been setup (usuing the ip address in the web browser) and still nothing. I am very puzzled as to what is going on as the same thing happened on my old router.

john bunyan 16:33 19 Oct 07

I had trouble with a Linksys router and had to call theit free helpline. Suggest you look at routers web site for FAQ's. I assume you got all the info you need from ISP - ISP address etc ?

ambra4 18:45 21 Oct 07

“DSL light goes off”

Mean that the modem is not connection to your ISP server

Try rebooting the modem by power off and back on after 20 seconds if still not connecting replace the phone line cable and reboot the modem again

Double check the router setting

If after trying all the above DSL light still goes off you need to get the line check as you could have a line problem

Dipso 23:07 21 Oct 07

Are you some distance from the telephone exchange? Are you connecting through an extension? Have you tried connecting the router to the first telephone socket in your house, the Master socket? Can you get a connection from there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…