Router and Encryption

Shockwave 14:19 21 Dec 08

hello all.

I am in the process of de-encrypting my router, i want to do it although i cant find how to.
My live box is from Wanadoo (now Orange) and my WIFI is from Inventel Wireless Magic the model is UR054g(R01)V1.1, i have looked briefly in control panel and seen details of the folder, in the detail it shows the Encryption as on, although when i look in i cant seem to find a way of disabling the security/De-encrypting my Router.

Does anyone know how or could please help me by telling me how to de encrypt it so that there is no security.

Many thanks
Callum

rawprawn 14:35 21 Dec 08

Reset it to factory default?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:40 21 Dec 08

To change the setting

1. Connect to the live box with an ethernet cable, if you cannot connect by wireless.

2. click here or type http:// configuration.adsl/ (without the space) in your browser address line.

3. you will now be connected to the livebox click on "Access to the configuration pages (access to these pages is restricted, you must have the password)."

4. Input the username and password (admin for both if you have not changed it)

5. Click Configuration - Advanced - Wireless

6. You will see that it is set to WPA or WEP security click and set to No security
7. Click submit and wait for the livebox to reset itself.

8. Disconnect the ethernet cable and you now should be able to connect by wireless

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017