router choice help (dual band) WIRELESS

shauny36 19:26 19 Nov 13
Answered

am having trouble at the moment getting a stable WIRELESS connection with my fibre (plusnet) am connecting to a ps3,xbox,laptop and ipad. but the wireless keeps disconecting but plusnet say i have a stable connection (wired) but sent me a new router which was ok for a couple of weeks but started again .they said i might need a dual band router but i told him it worked ok (slow)with only 1mb and a wireless G router and now have wireless N router and 45mb speed.have also got a belkin F5D8235-4 AND A BELKIN F5D8633-4 router, which is best or should i get a dual band router,

shauny36 19:28 19 Nov 13

also what is the difference between my 2 and a DUAL BAND ROUTER. and what is the USB port for on my router.

cheers

retep888™ 01:51 20 Nov 13
Answer

<< am having trouble at the moment getting a stable WIRELESS connection >> Can you try logging into your router and change the default wireless channel to a different one i.e. from channel 11 to channel 8.

The BELKIN F5D8633-4 is a wireless cable router with WAN connection which is compatible with your fibre optic modem while the BELKIN F5D8633-4 is an ADSL modem router without WAN & won't work with the fibre optic modem.

<< also what is the difference between my 2 and a DUAL BAND ROUTER >> What is Dual Band Wireless Networking?

<< and what is the USB port for on my router. >> What’s That USB Port Doing on My Router?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017