Router and Broadband, frequent problems

t.long 20:40 17 Jun 05

I have Broad Band from Pipex.co.uk, it comes in via a phone socket it shares with the houshold phone. A combined Belkin Router Modem them wireslessly - is that a word? - conects to 2 computers.

The Problem is;

The Router has to be restarted a couple of times a day due to IP address change. This is fine, Belkin tech support advised me to do this.

The conecetion in general frequently fails, and a restart of the router does not help. The Router reports that the 'Ethernet Link is Down'. It may somtimes be able to get online for a few minutes but its painfully slow. Also the phone seems to be causing problems. If it is unpluged the router tends to work better. But other times all is well. Have switched Micro Filters with no effect.

I am at a lose as to what the problem is. I aplogise for being vague but I simply can not put my finger on the problem. Any ideas anyone?

t.long 20:43 17 Jun 05

Should add both computers Win XP. And its not an issue with the wireless network because the computers can still access the modem just not the internet.

wee eddie 22:18 17 Jun 05

e.g. a Base Station.

There are frequent incompatibilities between these phones and Broadband.

They cause your Broadband connection to drop - frequently.

Don't know why!

pipedream 22:55 17 Jun 05

Have you tried downloading & installing the latest firmware from Belkin's site? This may have cleared some bugs from earlier versions.

t.long 22:58 17 Jun 05

Indeed it is.

So this could be the cause of the problem then.

wee eddie 05:46 18 Jun 05

We have not yet had a satisfactory explanation, from either side.

Just disconnect the machine and see what happens, or do what I did and bought a £5.99 phone and use that when I'm on line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…