Router becomes disconnected.

Meshuga 07:57 15 Feb 05

I have a Netgear dg834 router with 2 PC`s connected. Both pc`s have OS xp home and are on BB. Just occasionaly, about once in four months, I boot up and find that I cannot log on because the router status shows that it has become disconnected and I have to reset it. This only involves clicking on the connect button in the status box. Why does this happen please. It`s more of a nuisance than anything else but I would like to prevent it happening. Thanks.

Meshuga 08:22 15 Feb 05

bump.

anchor 09:12 15 Feb 05

I get the same thing with my Netgear dg834, only it happens every few days. I just disconnect the power for about 10 seconds and all is back to normal.

A knowledgeable friend told me that it was probably down to my ISP, (Pipex). If anyone else can offer alternative suggestions I, and no doubt Meshuga, would be grateful.

Meshuga 09:22 15 Feb 05

Many thanks, anchor. When I get time I`ll contact netgear helpline and see if they can throw any light on it. I`ll come back if I find out anything. Regards.

FelixTCat 09:25 15 Feb 05

It is more likely to be due to your telephone line. The ADSL signal is piggybacked on the normal phone line. If there is a slight voltage blip on the telephone line, you might not notice it on the phone, or just have that odd disconnection. The chances are you aren't even on the phone at the time.

However, that can be enough to drop the broadband connection. It has happened to me often enough.

Some modems seem to be more vulnerable that others. It probably also depends on how far you are from the exchange.

Meshuga 10:51 15 Feb 05

FelixTCat, thanks for your help.Shouldnt think its the distance from the exchange, I`m less than a mile from it. Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…