Router for BB conection

maveric 08:50 24 Jun 05

Its an odd one, but im sure someone will know? I have ntl bb and would like to share with another pc. Have in place a crossover cable, but have conflict on my pc so will not connect. Is there a router that will connect with a crossover cable as it runs for 15m all through the house! Im on win 2000pro and other on xp (sp1) Many thanks

SEASHANTY 09:00 24 Jun 05

Also on NTL BB (2MB) cable. Have used the Linksys BEFSR41 wired router (4 port with switch) to connect three PC's to the net. The furthest PC is on the end of a 20m LAN cable but its a straight thru cable.
So far as I am aware routers connect via straight thru cables. The crossover cable is only used for direct PC to PC connection. You could buy a 15m straight thru cat 5e LAN cable. Should cost around £6 or thereabouts.

click here

SEASHANTY 09:08 24 Jun 05

Broadband sharing click here

15 metre straight thru cable £3-80 from cable universe
click here

maveric 09:13 24 Jun 05

Thanks for that, but i was told that some routers can get around the crossover. Its not the money but the hassle of re-cabling!

maveric 09:32 24 Jun 05

Have gone with a new cable. At that price worth the hassle of the re-wire Many thanks will tick it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…