router

lisaken 14:30 20 Mar 08

i have just bought a wireless router i have done everything right down to putting my ip address in.then it say's go to my web browser and type in the number and press enter when i do this it just say's can not find server

recap 14:44 20 Mar 08

The IP address it is looking for is the one for the Router which generally 192.168.0.1 change the last two octets to 1.1 if the first one doesn't work.

bobbybowls 15:36 20 Mar 08

the ip address for the router will be on the router.
post make of router for more info.

the ip address for the internet will be found automatically by the router.

do you mean the user name and password to log in to the router.

lisaken 16:34 20 Mar 08

i put in the ip number then it said go to my web broweser and type in the ip number again then the page comes back sayin cannot connect to server

woodchip 16:43 20 Mar 08

You are not putting the correct Address into Browse Address Bar. All the Info is in the Router not on the Web, but it is the way that a router is setup by using a Browser like IE

Put Address in Bard as above mine is 192.168.1,1 but yours may differ then press enter

It should bring a page up to type password like admin in lower case letters. this should then let you in

lisaken 17:09 20 Mar 08

ye thats the one im putting in but when i press enter it says no server

VoG II 17:12 20 Mar 08

Try putting in

http: // 192.168.2.1/

without the spaces.

lisaken 17:12 20 Mar 08

do i have to put the 2 dots in front of the number

woodchip 17:14 20 Mar 08

Just as above and close spaces either side of // also try the number i gave with it like that

lisaken 17:26 20 Mar 08

my router is a micronet and it came with one wiredo i put that in my laptop cause when i put it in my modem my pc didnt connect to the internet so i dont no if i have got them rite

lisaken 17:26 20 Mar 08

my router is a micronet and it came with one wiredo i put that in my laptop cause when i put it in my modem my pc didnt connect to the internet so i dont no if i have got them rite

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac