Router

Thomo1 22:43 18 Jan 05

My friend has a question to anyone who knows enuff bout routers and usb modems.

He has a Router which takes RJ45 connectors to connect a PC to it but it also takes an RJ45 connector to connect a DSL Modem. The question is - he needs to convert my USB Modem to an RJ45 connection and he thinks he has found the adaptor for it but unsure if it will work? here is the adaptor

click here

3rd adaptor from the bottom RJ45 to USB A/F connector

it's on Ebay and will be there for 2 days, any info will be greatful

LeadingMNMs 22:47 18 Jan 05

Link doesn't load, at least not for me.

I have never seen an adapter that converts USB to ethernet, and I think that you'll probably need an ethernet modem to replace the USB one. Perhaps the better option would have been to get a router with built in modem.

Jeffers22 00:06 19 Jan 05

For me too the link gives a "page not found"

I would agree, go for an ethernet modem/router. I use Netgear kit and have found it very good and simple to set up.

TomJerry 00:14 19 Jan 05

what he need to do is throw away usb modem and get a modem with ethernet connection

actually, he should have got a router with modem build-in in the first place, he got wrong advice

anyway £27 will sort him out

Ebuyer 4 Port SPI Firewall ADSL Modem Router £27.02 click here

if he want anything, go to ebuyer, not ebay

Sonic21 01:04 19 Jan 05

I disagree Dont go to Ebuyer or Ebay, at the moment Ebuyer are taking 7 working days to reply to enotes thats extremly poor customer service and can't contact them by phone. Try

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…