Route planner for walkers?

Red dog 19:42 25 Nov 03

Can anyone tell me if there is a rout planner for walkers, similar in detail to Auto route for cars, alloff road walking please. I have my doubts myself but I was asked this question by a youg walking enthusiast and I said I would try here because I guess if if isn`t known here there won`t be one. Thanks Red dog

Belatucadrus 19:57 25 Nov 03

Not so much route planning software, but the following sites are pretty useful.

click here

click here

click here may be of some use as well.

moh23 20:08 25 Nov 03

try walkingworld.com

beeuuem 20:10 25 Nov 03

A couple more
click here

click here

Red dog 19:24 26 Nov 03

Thanks for the information fella`s it isvery useful and the recipient is well pleased. thanks again

acrobat270 19:48 26 Nov 03

The best 'home user' mapping software which uses OS 1:25 000 and 1:50 000 map data is memory-map. It lets you click on desired way-points to create a route and either print the map or send to a PDA or GPS. You can also save routes to the hard drive and create a library. The intial software is not expensive (depending on the version you choose) but if you wanted the comprehensive set of map data for the whole of the UK it would get a tad pricey. Very well rated in Walking, mountain biking and other Outdoor Pursuit press.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…