Round Vignette?

Spencus 19:34 09 May 03

I have 3 photo editing progs.but they will only vignette a photo in an oval,does anyone know of any software that will create a round vignette ? any help greatly appreciated

Pesala 20:29 09 May 03

I have a cover disk version 6 or 8. Version 10 is now available. A demo version is available for download:
click here Judging from the screen shots it will do what you want.

Spencus 12:33 10 May 03

Repligator can only produce a square vignette,but nevertheless a very interesting site,Many thanks

I will let this thread run a bit longer and see what happens

Ellie3009 12:40 10 May 03

I'm pretty sure that you can do it in Corel Photopaint.

barryoneoff.co.uk 12:44 10 May 03

which applications you use, but if they allow you to use layers you can make your own vignettes.
Simply create a circle, fill the outside, and blur the edges (or use airbrush), then lay it over your image. This is brief, but something along those lines should work ok. You can always save the finished vignette separately to use in other photos.
Hope this helps, Whiz...

barryoneoff.co.uk 12:46 10 May 03

make a circular selection of the photo and paste it onto your chosen background with extreme feathered edges.

Spencus 13:00 10 May 03

Thanks for the suggestion,but I was hoping for a professional looking vignette as the prints will be exhibited, but I will give it a try

barryoneoff.co.uk 13:56 10 May 03

that with a bit of edge fading you could get a decent finish. I'll have a little mess about with my graphics and see if I can come up with anything better.

hssutton 14:39 10 May 03

Creating any shape vignette is extremely simply in Photoshop, I would guess that it's equally easy in PSP & Photoimpact. I have just created one in PS7, takes just a couple of minutes. I have posted the image here click here

I have left the vignette slightly transparent so that you can see the effect better, if you are interested in how it's done email me.

Harry

hssutton 14:43 10 May 03

Try this link click here it will show a before and after, just click next to see the vignette.

Harry

Pidder 15:57 10 May 03

Ulead PhotoExpress is useful, you start with an oval and then draw it out whichever way you want.It's been on Mag covers several times.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos