//some 3rd party need geo

Rouge desktop icons

noldi 10:08 02 Jan 05

I have a problem that I have desktop icons added on my desk top and favoits in internet explorer this also changes my home page. I have recently had my C drive attacked and wipped after this I installed all the latest Norton Security. My daughter uses MSN Mesenger and that has access. These icons you can not delete or remove the favorits, the only way is to set my system back to before this started. Other info is the home page it sets is searchweb2.com and the icons are for travel and gambeling sites, these do not show up in the desktop folder. also windows XP.
Regards Boots

LeadingMNMs 10:10 02 Jan 05

Download and run Ad-aware, hopefully it will be able to remove these icons and any underlying programs. click here

noldi 14:44 02 Jan 05

Cheers I have used Ad Aware before but I thought the latest Norton would have blocked anything like that it worries me that this stuff can get in. Cheers I think that has solved it for me.
Regardf Boots

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…