Rotating Word text before converting to PDF

Diemmess 17:28 13 Nov 09

Village Magazine:
A5 pages, portrait format, usually 'printed' as separate PDF files ready for commercial printer.

This issue I want to have a picture on one page as landscape (no problem I rotate the image before acceptance).
But this time I want to have a facing page in Word also 90┬░rotated.

There must be some straightforward way to do this ideally while still using Word?

Failing that, can a printer rotate the PDF as he makes up the format in Quark or whatever?

FreeCell 17:34 13 Nov 09

Have you tried just putting the text into a Text Box then change text direction? Should work but may need fiddling to get it into the position your happy with.

Diemmess 18:15 13 Nov 09

Your advice sounded good, couldn't find "change text direction"
Using Word 2002 is that why?

FreeCell 19:48 13 Nov 09

I am using Word 2000 and when you select Insert Text Box, drag size of box required, then there is a new toolbar "Text Box" that appears. Have a look in the View - Toolbars and see if it is selected if not select and there should be an icon for the option for "Change Text Direction".

Diemmess 20:06 13 Nov 09

For me once the box was in place it was View > Toolbar (tick toolbar) and a fly out which does the job toggling through the alternatives.

Amazing isn't it that word can do almost anything, though it may not be the easiest way of doing things.

FreeCell 11:46 14 Nov 09

Glad you sorted it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…