Rotated Display

Dolly2056 17:31 06 Mar 06

Hi,

My 10 yr old cousin has managed to do something on his PC and now his monitor has rotated 90 degrees. Does anyone know how to put this back to normal?

TIA

surfmonkey #:@} 17:34 06 Mar 06

he has probavbly changed a settinge on the moniter settings itself look in moniter nmenu for rotation

yabadabado 11:40 07 Mar 06

There is a key combo which works on laptops, i believe its either shift/ctrl/alt and the arrow keys which rotates the display. could be something along those lines, however it doesnt work on my desktop machine and not all laptops.

De Marcus™ 11:46 07 Mar 06

If the pc has an nVidia graphics card it's possible the nVrotate tool has been used.

To make life a little easier turn the whole monitor the right way up.

Right click on an empty part of the desktop and select properties, on the new box there will be a tab called setting, click on this and then click on advanced. Another new box comes up with a few more tabs, click on the one that corresponds with the name of your graphics card, generally named geforce XXXXXX. When you click on this tab a fly out window will appear on the left, click on the nvrotate option and correct the 9o degreee screen rotation by clicking on landscape and apply/ok.

Pop your screen back on it's feet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017