Root Folder

denali 12:01 03 Apr 06

I want to experiment streamling on my old PC (XP Pro). When it says copy 1386 to the root folder of 'C' do I just drag it there, or is it not that simple?

terryf 12:04 03 Apr 06

I found this procedure easy click here and it may answer your question

terryf 12:05 03 Apr 06

It is that simple, not to the desktop but to C:

denali 12:10 03 Apr 06

terryf: Thank you for your quick response. Your link is the one I am using. I am still stuck though. How do I copy my CD to my hard drive? ( From all this you will surmise I am not very PC literate!!!!!)

terryf 12:33 03 Apr 06

see your inbox

mgmcc 12:33 03 Apr 06

I used that same "Supersite" to create a slipstreamed XP SP2 installation CD.

However, very much easier is to use "AutoStreamer" which you can download from click here

It doesn't involve the use of ISOBuster to extract the file to make the CD bootable and it does everything for you from one simple dialog box.

denali 13:57 03 Apr 06

mgmcc. I know I am a pain. I am using "AutoStreamer" as you suggested but I cannot find the location of my SP2 folder. Any idea please?

denali 14:01 03 Apr 06

I know I have closed this thread, but am still stuck! mgmcc. I know I am a pain. I am using "AutoStreamer" as you suggested but I cannot find the location of my SP2 folder. Any idea please?

mgmcc 14:16 03 Apr 06

Create a new folder (call it whatever you like) and copy the SP2 installation file into that folder. If you don't actually have one of the free SP2 CDs that Microsoft issued from which to copy the file, you will need to download the SP2 installation file (266 Megabytes) from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…