Rollover Pictures

Pesala 17:51 20 Jan 04

Someone on the Serif Forum was asking how to make scrolling pictures for a website, so I came up with this solution click here using the free version of Draw Plus 4.0 I created an animated GIF. Very easy to do with acceptable results, but I'm sure one should be able to get better results with smaller file sizes using JPG images and some html code or Javascript instead of GIF. Is there another easy way to do this, perhaps with transitions or controls?

Pesala 18:53 20 Jan 04

It looks good. click here. How easy it to use and how much does it cost?

Taran 22:37 20 Jan 04

Flash has one of the steepest learning curves in the business and currently runs at around £220 from Amazon UK.

There are a lot of JavaScript and DHTML image scrollers and afders out there.

I'm going offline now for the evening, but if you can wait until the morning I'll give you some possible links.

T

Pesala 12:12 21 Jan 04

The forum member who asked the question was happy with my solution. I like simplicity. The flash animation looks much better, but I wouldn't consider it worth £200 and hours of learning.

Perhaps the best idea would be to post a few links to ideas that you think work well. Then anyone who wants to create that effect can ask how to do it.

Since most of us are beginners, it has to be very simple to implement. NOF has rotating pictures, but that is not much better than my animated gif, except that one could use high quality JPG images.

Taran 12:48 21 Jan 04

Sorry Pesala, I forgot to post back.

Busy morning - I've been chasing my tail here...

Loads of JavaScript and DHTML solutions are available for free but some of the really advanced ones cost.

click here for a couple of nice image scrollers and rotators.

click here have lots to choose from.

click here is one from their Image Effects scripts click here

In fact, any search in Google for Javascript or DHTML image scroller or image rotator will hurl dozens of results right back at you.

On the more advanced sripts you can change the entry and exit directions of the images and some also feature fade effects.

It's a start...

T

Pesala 21:31 21 Jan 04

:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…