rollover + images + hover area

lukus 15:41 17 Mar 08

Hi there, ive been looking over the net for different ways of making hover over buttons.

click here

for example "home" ignore the little home link in top corner. Now i want that whole image as a link. I know how to do it in CSS but the problem is if the image thats the link is a background image, wot do i make as the hyperlink and if i dont have a hyperlink wot do i attach the css too.
do i need to remove the word "home" from the image and write it in manually so i have something to attach everything to ?
thanks

Kemistri 17:18 17 Mar 08

Well, first of all, you should read this site: click here. Make some strong coffee and study its code until the caffeine stops working! ; )

Then read this: click here.

You need something to which a link can be attached and you should have something that will be seen in browsers with images turned off or read by screen readers. But text does not have to be visible as long as it is satisfactorily replaced -- that means clear sharp graphics with large legible text, which you already have. There is, of course, more than one way to hide text. Adding a {display} dec is one method, but absolute positioning is usually preferable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…